Is it really February? I look out my window and see the sun shining and the birds flying. We are having a very exciting month. Our boys’ basketball team has made it to the playoffs. They have worked so hard all season long. They finished 3rd in the district during the regular season. We will cheer them on as they make a drive to the championship. Our girls’ basketball season is set to start this month as well. The team was picked at the first of the month. They are now preparing for an equally successful drive.
February brings testing preparation. Along with our annual SAGE testing, Snowcrest has been chosen to participate in the NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress). 8th graders will be randomly chosen to participate in mathematics, reading, or science assessments. An email was sent out to all 8th grade parents and each student chosen will receive a take home letter with information for parents.
Our accreditation self-exam has been submitted to AdvanEd. We want to thank everyone who has participated in our Surveys, Continuous Improvement Plan, and our Self-Exam. We are very proud of our school. Our External Review will be March 4th & 5th. On those days an outside team will be at Snowcrest observing our school. They will talk with students, visit classrooms, and sit down with parents. We need 10 parents who are willing to visit with this group. If you are willing, please contact the office 801.476.5360. Your help is needed.
We want to make sure that all of our stakeholders have ways to receive information from Snowcrest. Communication is imperative as we work together to help our students.
The three easiest ways to stay in contact with us are:
- Please make sure your email address is updated in our system. This can easily be done by logging into myweber.wsd.net. Please feel free to call the school if you need assistance in this matter at 801.476.5360.
- Visit our school website often. Mrs. Rhees does a marvelous job keeping our website up to date.
- Weber School District has set up a notifying system. It’s called “MyConnect” and we’ll be switching to this system-- please take a minute and sign up. We’ll use MyConnect to notify you of school schedules (late starts, snow days, early outs, etc.) AND emergencies.
Here’s how to sign up:
To receive texts:
Text join @412parents to 385-313-TEXT (8398)
To receive emails:
(There is a space between join and @. There is NO limit to the number of devices and/or emails that can be joined to our MyConnect list)
I’m very grateful to be a part of this amazing school! It’s a pleasure being able to work with your students. Please take a minute and get connected in ALL three ways if you can in case there’s ever an emergency and we need to send out information quickly and efficiently. Thanks for all of your support!
Feb. 11, 2015
· Susan Perrin
· Continuous Improvement Plan
o Improve Math Summative Scores
· Math Lab
· Extra Class
· Math Tutoring
o Improve Attendance Tardies
· Tardy Policy/Tardy Contract
o Decrease Number of Missing Assignments
· Working Lunch
o Improve Use of Technology in the Classroom
· Tablet/Laptop Calendar
· Chromebook Lab/ Access points
· Suggestions for Land Trust 2015-2016